1. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and
some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in
the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
2. A man was arrested for exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles an
hour. A second man was charged with exceeding the same limit by twice
as much. The second man was driving 35 miles per hour. What was the
(a) 10 miles per
(b) 15 miles per
(c) 20 miles per hour
(d) 25 miles per
(e) 30 miles per hour
3. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister's age. Next year he
will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?
4. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
(a) 18 cents
(b) 20 cents
(c) 22 cents
(d) 23 cents
(e) 24 cents
5. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at
a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in
their speeds in meters per second?
(c) 1 1/2 m/sec
(e) 3 m/sec