Experience: 8 - 13 Years
Education: UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
IPsoft, formed in 1998, is a leading managed services provider, offering a complete solution to enterprise customers for outsourcing global Internet operations. We deploy, manage, secure, scale, and monitor e-business systems using our unique automation technology, which automates functions otherwise done manually, delivering higher quality, cost savings, and increased flexibility. IPsoft manages our customers' systems via our worldwide network of data centers, and Network Operations Centers located in North America, Europe (United Kingdom and Netherlands) and India (Bangalore). IPsoft is headquartered in New York City.
The ability to leverage advanced automation technology is our key strength; it enables us to provide financially-accredited uptime guarantees to our clients. This is the reason why some of the world's largest Fortune 1000 companies, such as AstraZeneca, AT&T, BT, Canon, Coca-Cola Enterprises, DuPont, Genworth Financial, Marsh & McLennan, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance, Rabobank, Time Warner, and Tyco International have handed over their systems, network management and database architecture needs in the hands of IPsoft.
IPsoft has grown over 100% each year for the last five consecutive years. At Gartner's 2005 Global Outsourcing Summit in Los Angeles, a Gartner analyst proclaimed IPsoft '...the Managed Services company to watch.'
IPsoft is committed to helping our employees develop their full potential in both business and technical spheres, and it is our policy to recognize excellent performance by promoting from within.
IPsoft is a fast-paced, energetic and fun place to work. We're changing the way managed services are delivered to customers, and we're looking for people who want to make a difference. The best evidence that IPsoft is a good place to work? People come to work here and stay.
Designation: Senior Oracle DBA
Job Description: Senior Oracle DBAs for IPSoft,the fastest growing MSP in US.experience in Production Support.RAC,Data Guard.Exp in US is a Plus.nice to have exp in MySQL /SQL Server 2005/DB2/Peoplesoft/9iAS/10gS
Desired Profile: Senior Oracle DBAs
Location: Bangalore, International Technology Park:
> Engineers from prestigious Institutes, working in top-notch Companies.
> Experience in DB administration in USA a plus. The candidate should be
> amongst the BEST in the domain of DB administration, and should have
> worked in Tier-4 capacity in fixing problems.
* Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
* Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
* Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
* Database design and implementation
* Implement and maintain database security
* Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
* Setup and maintain documentation and standards
* Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
* Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
* Perform general technical trouble shooting (Trouble ticket handling)
* Provide support to development teams (pre-launch review/tuning)
* Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
* Project planning at both the technical and executive levels
* Minimum 6 yrs experience in Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g
* experience monitoring and maintaining production OLTP
* disaster recovery experience
* advanced knowledge of SQL
* Basic understanding of Relational Database Management Systems
* experience with 24x7 operational database
* comfortable with Solaris
* conversant in shell/Perl scripting is a plus
* experience using RMAN
* experience in a team environment
* comfortable dealing directly with managers and clients
* add to these, soft skills like (drive, proactive and willing to
VP Talent Acquisition
'Rocket Scientists Included'
cell :9900165644(blr) / 9810344234(delhi)
100's of other verified jobs which suits your skills :
clipboardPost Your Resume Here