************* *******************( Exp: 8 - 13 Years) Senior Oracle DBA required at IPsoft
Experience: 8 - 13 Years
Education: UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
Founded in 1998, IPsoft, a Next-Generation Managed Service Provider, is transforming IT service management with intelligent autonomic computing systems. Greatly reducing the need for human intervention, we continually monitor, learn and tune the unique parameters, interdependencies and normal operating behavior of an enterprise systems environment, enabling industry-leading response times for management and resolution of incidents and problems.
IPsoft manages our customers’ systems via our worldwide network of data centers, and Network Operations Centers located in North America , Europe ( United Kingdom and Netherlands ) and India ( Bangalore ). IPsoft is headquartered in New York City .
Some of the world's largest corporations entrust their systems, networks, databases and applications to IPsoft
The ability to leverage advanced automation technology is our key strength; it enables us to provide financially-accredited availability and quality-of-service guarantees to our clients. This is the reason why some of the world's largest Fortune 1000 companies, such as AstraZeneca, AT&T, BT, Canon, Coca-Cola Enterprises, DuPont, Genworth Financial, Marsh & McLennan, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance, Rabobank, Time Warner, and Tyco International have entrusted their systems, network management and database architecture to IPsoft.
Designation: Senior Oracle DBA
Senior Oracle DBAs for IPSoft,the fastest growing MSP in US.experience in Production Support.RAC,Data Guard.Exp in US is a Plus.nice to have exp in MySQL /SQL Server 2005/DB2/Peoplesoft/9iAS/10gS
Senior Oracle DBAs
Location: Bangalore, International Technology Park:
> Engineers from prestigious Institutes, working in top-notch Companies.
> Experience in DB administration in USA a plus. The candidate should be amongst the BEST in the domain of DB administration, and should have worked in Tier-4 capacity in fixing problems.
* Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
* Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
* Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
* Database design and implementation
* Implement and maintain database security
* Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
* Setup and maintain documentation and standards
* Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
* Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
* Perform general technical trouble shooting (Trouble ticket handling)
* Provide support to development teams (pre-launch review/tuning)
* Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
* Project planning at both the technical and executive levels
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Minimum 6 yrs experience in Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g
* experience monitoring and maintaining production OLTP
* disaster recovery experience
* advanced knowledge of SQL
* Basic understanding of Relational Database Management Systems
* experience with 24x7 operational database
* comfortable with Solaris
* conversant in shell/Perl scripting is a plus
* experience using RMAN
* experience in a team environment
* comfortable dealing directly with managers and clients
* add to these, soft skills like (drive, proactive and willing to learn...)
VP Talent Acquisition
'Rocket Scientists Included'
cell:9900165644(blr) / 9810344234(delhi)
100's of other verified jobs which suits your skills :
clipboardPost Your Resume Here