************* ******************* (Exp: 2-5 yrs) ENGINEER/SR.ENGINEER-Telecom Need at C-Dot Alcatel Lucent Research Centre
Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Education: UG - Any Graduate, PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization
Job Description :
GSM/UMTS/CDMA/WIMAX,802.16e IEEE (PHY & MAC) ,UNIX / Linux,C, C++, TTCN-3 and JAVA.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Sound knowledge on Mobile Netwrok Architecture (Radio access network, Core network, GSM/UMTS/CDMA/WIMAX)
- Sound understanding on 802.16e IEEE (PHY & MAC) standards & 3GPP protocols like RLC, MAC
- Experience in Protocol Testing, Call Processing testing, Automation in the Wireless domain.
- Experience in Interoperability testing of
- Experience in preparation of Test procedure / Test scripts as defined in the standard
- In-depth knowledge & experience in analysing and verifying issues raised on Base Station.
- Sound knowledge in UNIX / Linux shell scripting and automating test scripts for Testing.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills and strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities.
- Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, UNIX/ Linux, Windows.
- Scripting and Programming Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, C, C++, TTCN-3 and JAVA.
- Technologies : GSM, WIMAX, UMTS, GPRS
- Tools : Protocol Analyser, Vector signal analyzer, Channel Emulator
Responsible for Development of Test plan / test procedure / test scripts.
Responsible for timely delivery of subsystem tasks
Responsible for Bug tracking and verification of bugs reported
Company Profile :
C-DOT Alcatel Research Centre, is a joint venture between C-DOT and French telecom major, Alcatel.
C-DOT is the premier mission oriented Indian telecom research and development centre for development of telematics, which develops total telecom solutions in wireless, optical fibres, satellite and next generation systems. French telecom major Alcatel are leaders in broadband, next generation networks, and wireless technology. The two will work together as a Global Broadband Wireless Research Centre in
. The company will deploy both, foreign as well as Indian experts. India
The centre will start its activities with WiMAX customer precise equipment based on IEEE 802.16e as the first product customization of base stations, evolutionary next generation technologies, enabling technologies like MIMOs and smart antennae among others. The centre is being set up to meet the growing demand of converged broadband services and mobile subscribers in urban and rural areas for individual, business and social needs, all the while using state-of-the-art technology.
This will help in faster implementation of Central and State government programs for e-governance, e-health, e-agriculture and telemedicine to bridge the digital divide. The mission of this centre is also to enable Indian industry (through technology transfer) to manufacture solutions based on WiMAX and related evolutionary technologies, which are amongst the most suitable technologies for broadband and wireless solutions. WiMAX and related evolutionary technologies are also next generation growth drivers in communication.
This centre visualizes being the leading player in wireless and WiMAX technologies both in
and in the global markets. The centre will also be an important research node of the global telecom R&D effort of Alcatel as well as C-DOTs mission to provide suitable technologies for the Indian masses. India
The centre is targeting the first set of deliveries to the industry in less than a year's time. Various wings in the board of the organization are getting ready, and the architecture and simulation of systems are beginning to take place with Alcatel and C-DOT expertise.
C-Dot Alcatel Lucent Research Centre
Executive Name: Revathy/Gladys
C-Dot Alcatel Research Center
RAYALA TECHNO PARK, PHASE II, 5th FLOOR
OLD MAHABALIPURAM ROAD, KOTIWAKKAM,
Chennai, TN, INDIA 600 041
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org