Achieving high SEO rankings through search engine optimization is generally regarded as a long term marketing strategy. What most people don't realise is there are plenty of niche's online with low competition where you could achieve first page google in a short amount of time. It ultimately comes down to using the correct techniques and following a system to conquer SEO.
Here's 5 techniques you can use to dominate SEO rankings in your niche:
1. Keyword Density. Almost everyone has a different opinion on which is the best keyword density to use. Another question you need to ask yourself, is "What type of web content am I targeting?" If you're looking at developing your own website, you might want to consider a density of at least 3%. Compare this to an article where there may be more restrictions on the density you can use.
2. Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI). If you've ever looked at how some of the top expert authors write their articles, you'll notice that they are jam packed with keywords. Not necessarily the same word but loads of different words that relate to their main keyword. Search engines factor in the relevance of a web page by checking how well the keywords relate to each other.
3. Target a different keyword for each web page. When developing your own website, one of the keys to high SEO rankings is to target a specific word per web page you have displaying on your site. You might have 10 different pages accessible on your website and if each is based around it's own individual keyword you have a much higher chance of achieving a first page Google ranking.
4. Choosing the right domain name. Always be sure to include your main keyword in your domain name. If your having trouble thinking of a domain name, try adding some of these words to the end of your wanted domain (elite, plus, edge).
5. Site mapping. A sitemap is basically a blueprint of your entire website easily accessible to the search engines. The best location for this is on your root domain so just after the .com. Having a sitemap in place will allow your website to get indexed much faster.